Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No more food pictures

It seems like everyone and their mother is taking pictures of the food they eat and posting it. I do that. I even spent a year taking pictures of EVERYTHING I ate, down to a French fry I would snag off of someone’s plate. My friends went from being completely embarrassed by it to automatically handing over their plate of food to be photographed. But now it’s time to stop. It’s become so passé.

One of my friends told me, in order to become a better photographer, I needed to shoot more and shoot a lot. I started taking pictures of food I ate as a way to force myself to always have a camera around and to shoot something - anything. I got into photography in order to document my life, not create art. So now it’s time to pick another subject.

A lot of people have 365 projects in which they will do something each day of the year and share it. I’m not about to do that. Once again, that’s passé. I want to share my life in pictures with my friends and family. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet, but I’ll do something.

So here it is, the last picture of food that I’m going to post… at least for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment