Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lone star dinner


Having dinner with my family and randy at the lone star steakhouse for
my dad's birthday. It's a little strange being out with my family. We've hardly ever been the kind if family to have dinner together let alone go out to dinner
together. okay, we aren't the kind of family that ever does anything together. I'm the black sheep in the family, not quite doing things the "thai" way without question, the way my parents hoped I'd be.

I think I'm a disappointment to them, but I haven't cared in a long time. I know my parents want me to be happy and their idea of that is for me to do only what they tell me to do, like I have to marry only a Thai man. No tattoos for their little girl because "the gangs will kill me." at 18 years of age, I wasn't allowed to smoke becuase, "the police will put me in jail."

I would never have gotten involved wiith photography and met the wonderful people in my life now, i'd be studying nursing and crying myself to sleep at night because it's not what I want to do with my life.

parents, i know you just want your children to be happy, but your idea of what will make them happy may just make them miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment