Thursday, May 14, 2009

Running for Healthy Boobies


my friend luis, a fellow photo student at cypress college, is doing the avon walk for breast cancer. this is what he has to say:
I’ve committed to participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It’s a big commitment, one that will require me to spend the next several months training and fundraising. But breast cancer is a big disease, one that still affects far too many people, and I’m determined to do everything I can to help put an end to it.

while i hear about the walk all the time, i never do anything about it. i just think to myself how nice those people are to do something about it and that's about how far it goes.

then along comes someone close to me, luis, who has committed himself to setting aside his precious time to do something for other people. he doesn't need to do this. he could be spending time going out with friends, out taking pictures, enjoying himself, but instead he's working hard to help someone else and that is admirable. one hard look at myself and i realize, i wouldn't do this. i'm far too "busy" to set aside the 2 days it takes for the 39 mile walk and too lazy to put the time in to train (so i don't pass out in the first ten minutes - i get winded walking up a flight of stairs). if he can commit his time, the least i can do is commit a few dollars, because that is far less work.

please donate if you can. i'm sure you hear this a lot, but even a dollar helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment