Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You!

Thanksgiving

I am blessed to have not one, but two Thanksgivings: one with my Thai family and one with my Filipino family. One of these days I’ll have to work out a way to have a third one with my photo family.

The first stop for the evening was my sister’s place for some deep fried turkey, a sinfully delicious cut of prime rib, and a table full of Thai food.
Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Manny and Debbie even came over before heading over to the Filipino Thanksgiving after tempting her with a chance to meet up with her friend Diana and a plate full of my sister’s oh so spicy raw shrimp.

The next stop was back home, where, I swear, there must have been 30 people in the living room. There is a tradition where we all stand around the table together, hold hands and say a prayer of thanks and one I didn’t want to miss.

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

I want to let you know what I’m thankful for this year. I’m thankful for my families: the Thai family, the Filipino family, and my photo family. Yeah, sometimes we’re a bit dysfunctional, but it keeps things interesting. No matter what, we love each other. I’m thankful for my friends who are just as much family to me as the ones connected through blood, who are there for me when I laugh and never leave my side when I cry.

A special thanks goes out to my best friend, the love of my life, Randy. Thank you for all the years we’ve had together. Thank you for letting me follow my dreams and supporting me without question. Thank you for all the little things you do for me. I know that bringing me home a Slurpee on a hot summer day means I love you. Thank you for knowing I’m not the flowers and jewelry kind of girl and new desk chair for my birthday will make me smile. Thank you for putting up with my constant, horrible singing in the car, thank you for buying the NyQuil when I’m sick, thank you for giving me the good jacket on cold winter nights, and most of all, thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment