several years ago my friend Michael Long brought in a cake called "better than sex cake". it isn't really better than sex, but it comes damn close.
tomorrow is my birthday and krista has offered to bake this special cake for me for my birthday. krista bakes cakes and other treats for us all the time and i can't wait to eat this special cake again.
the following is roughly the recipe that mike gave to me all those years ago. i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
Better Than Sex Cake
1 pkg. German chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel topping
1 Cool Whip Tub
2 Heath candy bar, grated
1. Bake cake as directed on package (9 x 13 inch pan) and let cool.
2. With a wooden spoon handle, punch holes about one inch apart over entire cake (while still in pan).
3. In a sauce pan over low heat combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping until smooth and blended.
4. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over cake, letting it sink into the holes (while still in pan)
4. Pour entire container of Cool Whip over cake. (with cake still in pan).
5. Spread grated Heath bar over cool whip (with cake still in the pan).