Friday, January 16, 2009

The Gentleman Host


i got the following message from my friend craig. it contains a message from his father. i'll do it. you should do it. it's good to help friends. in my case, the father of a friend. in your case, the father of a friend of a chick whose blog you read.

Good Evening All,
As some you know my Dad has recently written a fictional novel. He is attempting to get on the Amazon.com best sellers list and NEEDS YOUR HELP! I've forwarded the following message from him. If you would be so kind as to at least forward this to your contact list so he can get as many sales as possible!

Thanks for your help everyone! Please read his message below.

Craig

Greetings,

The time has come to conduct the Amazon.com promotion for my first novel, The Gentleman Host, (formerly known as Splash!) The object is to become an Amazon.com bestseller. To do that, sales of my book have to be in the top 100 for just one hour, any hour! So here's how you can help.

The promotion date and hour is Thursday, January 22nd, between 8:00 and 9:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time. Don't just go and buy a book for yourself during that hour (although that is appreciated too!), but email your data base in advance alerting them to the promotion. That's where the power is--in the promotion. Ask them to go to Amazon.com on January 22nd between 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. PST and buy one of my books for themselves and possibly others. Nobody knows how many sales it takes to become an Amazon.com bestseller. It depends on what else is happening that hour, of course. But to achieve it is huge for marketing. And if everyone mails their database, the effort is multiplied many times over.

Tell them you have a friend, or you know this guy, or whatever our relationship is, and ask them to help out. The book is in the mystery/thriller genre. It's about a serial killer who throws middle-aged women off cruise ships in the middle of the night. Those who have read it seem to like it a lot, so your friends won't be disappointed.

I would suggest emailing your contacts now to let them know of the effort. Then, the day before the promotion a reminder email, or even a phone call to a few select people would be helpful. Remember, that's January 22nd, between 8:00 and 9:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time. We're gonna swarm Amazon.com and create a whole bunch of sales. I will let everyone know how the promotion turns out, and I will be happy to autograph any book that is presented to me. I will also make personal appearances at book club meetings, schools, or whatever else to show my appreciation.

Please check this over again to make sure you understand the details of what to do, and email me back to give me a thumbs up that you're on board with this promotion.

Thanks for your interest and your help!

Dwight

No comments:

Post a Comment